Our SimplyEvents programme offers over 320 meetings each year throughout the UK. Workshops, academies and masterclasses cover a wide variety of subjects - all fully accredited.
Our entire programme of events is accredited by both the CII and IFS, which ensures that all CPD awarded to attendees will count towards their 21 necessary hours per year of structured CPD
Some of the events we host every year include:
- Learning and Development Events
- Mortgage Meetings
- Investment Forums
- Pension Masterclasses
Each of our meetings features a dedicated compliance session aligned to the focus of the event as a whole, in addition to presentations from Group subsidiaries and carefully selected third parties, which all meet the prescribed learning objectives for the event.
Our not-for-profit training and development division the New Model Business Academy also offers SimplyBiz Members many opportunities for development. The NMBA currently provides services to over 15,000 members and is dedicated to providing training to everyone in, or wanting to join, the financial services profession. Whether a small practice owner, an adviser in a large firm, an administrator or thinking about a career in the sector, the NMBA is dedicated to helping individuals achieve their personal and business potential.
The NMBA offers support in five key areas:
- CPD Portal: The NMBA chose to partner with Competent Adviser to offer this fully accredited, award winning system, which satisfies advisers’ CPD requirements to all SimplyBiz Members. With links to Accredited Bodies, the Portal hosts over 20,000 questions to test competence, tracks attributed CPD and can help advisers obtain their SPS.
- Professional Qualifications: Whether an individual is a trainee or has been in the profession for many years, NMBA provides practical advice on the next steps (from QCF level 4-6) they should take and offers support through discounted courses, training materials and free past-papers.
- Evolving Business Model: The NMBA website has downloadable documents and templates to assist in the progression of advisers and their businesses. There is also a range of workshops/seminars where delegates can take advantage of face-to-face support from industry experts.
- Best Practice Club: Whether your interest is in meeting and networking with like-minded adviser principals, identifying ideas of best practice or developing solutions from challenges, NMBA facilitate meetings bring business people together, resulting in exchanges of ideas and a great way to bring fresh perspective to business.
- Events: NMBA host a programme of events which focus specifically on either business or development areas. NMBA tend to keep the number of delegates at each of their events quite small, in order to promote interaction and the sharing of ideas.
For more information on the New Model Business Academy, please visit their website at www.nmba.info
Our dedicated Protection Academy portal offers advisers an online resource through which they can access a range of training and development tools including fact sheets, role-play outlines, sales ideas and instructional videos.
The Academy ultimately aims to improve advisers’ face to face skills and increase their revenue when dealing with clients receiving advice on protection.